The trouble with search results.

Dandelion Break In Defense of Horny Dragon Books

Dandelion Break Do You Believe in Magic?

Jake E

Apr 6, 2020
Hey all,

Just wondering if anyone had some insights here.

Each time I google: the Trouble with Prophecies, a book called, the problem with prophecies dominates the search results.

How can I get my book to appear in the results?
I've added a number of SEO tags on my website, but they don't seem to be doing very much

J

No google.
Ah, then I don't know. I could have given you some suggestions for Amazon, but google I'm not sure other than play about with the SEO tags.

I shall be watching this thread though.

Check out this author:
She's really good at marketing. She may have some advice somewhere. I follow her on FB where she has a community of self-publishing authors. Some are very experienced.

Have you seen this 12 Tips to get your book to the top of Google ?

But I think it will be hard. "Trouble" has a lot of presence, including on some big publishers/sellers that the algorithm probably likes a lot. And obviously, you can't stop Google from equating "trouble" and "problem"

I could be wrong, but I think for now you should be happy that Amazon puts you on top. Though I have no stats, I would think that people who have seen the title and want to check it out will go to their preferred store, not to Google.

Even with quotes, I get only three results from DuckDuckGo. Two of those are from Litopia !

Screenshot_20240208-142641.png

Dandelion Break In Defense of Horny Dragon Books

Dandelion Break Do You Believe in Magic?

Back