Poll Pop-Ups on Facebook Live and YouTube?

Should Pop-Up Submissions stream live on Facebook and YouTube?

• I'm OK just watching on Facebook

Votes: 9 64.3%
  • I'd prefer to watch on YouTube

Votes: 5 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Poll Future of Pop-Up Submissions...

Submissions Surgery - your preferred time

Status
Not open for further replies.

AgentPete

Capo Famiglia
Guardian
May 19, 2014
I’m currently trying to understand the exact situation via-a-vis Facebook Live and Youtube. It seems we may be able to stream simultaneously to both, i.e. those of us who don’t much like Facebook, and maybe don’t have a Facebook account, could take part in Pop-Ups without having to bend the knee to Zuck. But I’m not certain about this yet, it depends on a technical issue yet to be resolved.

If this were possible, how likely would you be to want it?

I was off FB for a few years, because it didn’t make me feel good. Now I’ve learned to be less involved while I use it, to take some distance, which is better. So I’m fine with FB.

With all the news recently about Facebook, I admit I have had second thoughts about using the App, although I very rarely post and use it more for viewing only. I have never used YouTube for live streaming purposes, so I can't comment on it's capabilities. However, streaming on both, if possible, would be a chance to see which service offers the best quality and could act as a back-up, should one. or the other, be unavailable on the day.

Technically, we should be able to stream on both simultaneously. I haven’t tried yet, and it will be bandwidth-intensive, but it ought to work. Facebook don’t like this, however. Will do a test run in the next day or so and we’ll see what happens.

Yes, it worked well. We'll continue with both.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poll Future of Pop-Up Submissions...

Submissions Surgery - your preferred time

Back