Linguistics question...

K

Fanfare! Books released!

Authors' Incomes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did that as well. And when my fish died my brother and I donned tiny little lab coats, adjourned to the picnic table, and pulled them apart with dental tools, howling in abject revulsion the entire time. And then dumped stuff from the chemistry kit on the pieces to see what would happen.
WOW. You were much better than the boys in my biology class. We were in a group of 4 (2 girls and 2 guys) and my friend (the girl) and I dissected the frog while the two boys stayed far away. LOL

WOW. You were much better than the boys in my biology class. We were in a group of 4 (2 girls and 2 guys) and my friend (the girl) and I dissected the frog while the two boys stayed far away. LOL
Yeah... come to think of it, in high school I excused myself from an art class to join the biology students in dissecting a pig. When I took the class, it was taught by a teacher who was phobic of dissection, and I didn't want to miss out.

Yeah... come to think of it, in high school I excused myself from an art class to join the biology students in dissecting a pig. When I took the class, it was taught by a teacher who was phobic of dissection, and I didn't want to miss out.
Yeah, the pig was what we were doing as well. The poor boys didn't stick around. To be fair, I hung out with all the nerds--as I was/am one, too-- and they were true nerds. Not exactly interested in seeing the insides of things. Me and my friend, we were sickened and curious.

Yeah, the pig was what we were doing as well. The poor boys didn't stick around. To be fair, I hung out with all the nerds--as I was/am one, too-- and they were true nerds. Not exactly interested in seeing the insides of things. Me and my friend, we were sickened and curious.

Interesting combination of emotions. I liked biology, when I was in school. Being the offspring of a hunter, I had no problem with dissections, but was surprised that kids of farmers, did.

Interesting combination of emotions. I liked biology, when I was in school. Being the offspring of a hunter, I had no problem with dissections, but was surprised that kids of farmers, did.
Ah, well I'm a city girl, through and through (which I'm perfectly happy with). Never gone hunting (also okay with), so this was my only exposure to looking at the inside of things! Guess my reaction to it makes a bit of sense why I'm attracted to thrillers!

I won a jar of pickled pigs feet in high school for being the first to find her fetal pig's appendix! Never been particularly squeamish about biological things (though there was a road killed cat once that nearly made me vomit...). I'm the official doer-of-gross-things in my household, and I have a reputation at my kids' school as the woman who brings in roadkill and leaves it in the schoolyard so the kids can study forensic entomology. :) And anyone who raises goats has to be pretty immune to squeamishness--lots of James Herriot moments!

I did that as well. And when my fish died my brother and I donned tiny little lab coats, adjourned to the picnic table, and pulled them apart with dental tools, howling in abject revulsion the entire time. And then dumped stuff from the chemistry kit on the pieces to see what would happen.
Science is the best!! That and a good book. And chocolate. Okay, a lot of things are the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Fanfare! Books released!

Authors' Incomes

Back