• Café Life is the Colony's main hangout, watering hole and meeting point.

This is a place where you'll meet and make writing friends, and indulge in stratospherically-elevated wit or barometrically low humour.

Some Colonists pop in religiously every day before or after work. Others we see here less regularly, but all are equally welcome. Two important grounds rules…

• Don't give offence
    • Don't take offence

We now allow political discussion, but strongly suggest it takes place in the Steam Room, which is a private sub-forum within Café Life. It’s only accessible to Full Members.

You can dismiss this notice by clicking the "x" box

Welcome… I’m New Here! Hi

Select this prefix to introduce yourself here!

Metta

Basic
I'm new to this group, and hope to make friends with some like minded people, who are willing to share ideas and critiques. Writers need writers to improve their work!

My preferred genre is horror, family sagas, and general fiction. I'm currently doing another course to improve a collection of short stories I want to rewrite, and get to publishable standard before I send them out to some of the publishers who still print short stories. I'd be delighted to share some of the tips I've learned, where I went wrong before, and how I'm fixing those mistakes.

Metta

Welcome, Metta! I'm sure you will meet many like-minded people here on Litopia. We're a varied and very friendly bunch! While you're exploring the site, remember to check out Pop-Up Submissions, too. Lots of great stuff there every week (Sundays from 5pm UK time but available 24/7 on YouTube). I look forward to seeing you around the Colony.

A very warm welcome to the colony, @Metta

Nice to have you here with us.

Hope you enjoy Litopia and please do get involved as soon as you’re ready to.

This is a good place to check out (How-to guide) to see a lot of what goes on in the colony.

If anything is unclear do please contact me and I’ll be happy to assist if I can.

Hi @Metta , so happy to meet you! I'm also focussing on short stories at the moment (although in the fantasy genre), so I'm sure you will have some great tips!

Welcome aboard @Metta :) You should check out Pop Ups when one of our favorite guests is on. Lee Murray. She's a kiwi and she's up to around her 6th Bram Stoker award for her horror books.

I'm new to this group, and hope to make friends with some like minded people, who are willing to share ideas and critiques. Writers need writers to improve their work!

My preferred genre is horror, family sagas, and general fiction. I'm currently doing another course to improve a collection of short stories I want to rewrite, and get to publishable standard before I send them out to some of the publishers who still print short stories. I'd be delighted to share some of the tips I've learned, where I went wrong before, and how I'm fixing those mistakes.

Metta
Hi Metta! I know the feeling all too well. Past mistakes make one stronger !!! I write in all genres, love horror flicks - hopefully will read some of your work soon. :)

Back