• Café Life is the Colony's main hangout, watering hole and meeting point.

This is a place where you'll meet and make writing friends, and indulge in stratospherically-elevated wit or barometrically low humour.

Some Colonists pop in religiously every day before or after work. Others we see here less regularly, but all are equally welcome. Two important grounds rules…

• Don't give offence
    • Don't take offence

We now allow political discussion, but strongly suggest it takes place in the Steam Room, which is a private sub-forum within Café Life. It’s only accessible to Full Members.

You can dismiss this notice by clicking the "x" box

Welcome… I’m New Here! Hello there!

Select this prefix to introduce yourself here!

KRRedmond

Basic
Hi everybody,

My name Robinson Redmond, I've loved reading ever since I can remember and been toying with the idea of writing for almost as long.

I'm Northern Irish, based in London and it was the UKs first lockdown back in 2020 that saw me run out of excuses to actually start - so several years on, I've now made enough process with a fantasy genre novel to benefit from this community's feedback and tips!

Looking forward to meeting you all!
Robinson

A very warm welcome to the colony, Robinson.

Nice to have you here. Hope you enjoy Litopia and do get involved as soon as you’re ready to.

This is a good place to check out (How-to guide) to see a lot of what goes on in the colony.

If anything is unclear do please contact me and I’ll be happy to assist if I can.

@KRRedmond

A very warm welcome to the colony, Robinson.

Nice to have you here. Hope you enjoy Litopia and do get involved as soon as you’re ready to.

This is a good place to check out (How-to guide) to see a lot of what goes on in the colony.

If anything is unclear do please contact me and I’ll be happy to assist if I can.

@KRRedmond
Thanks very much Jonny, really appreciate it

Hello Robinson,
There are quite a few people on Litopia who like reading and writing fantasy, so I think you will find this online community helpful. I started off watching the pop up submissions first, so when they re-start in the New Year maybe you might find them useful.
Best wishes
Paul

Back