Litopia

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reviewing and Genius Room

Geoff N

LV

Just watched the Jul 23 show where it's mentioned no one in the Genius Room has pre-read any of the submissions. Probably important to stick to that. I haven't visited the GR yet, but will eventually. Should we make it a rule that if we review any particular piece, we try not to comment on it in the GR?

E G Logan

LV

Also, sometimes the reader who has recorded the piece is present in the GR. I have seen at least one author say he/she appreciated the comments of the reader. For example, how easy or not the text was to read. I think that falls into the same category.

Geoff N

LV

Also, sometimes the reader who has recorded the piece is present in the GR. I have seen at least one author say he/she appreciated the comments of the reader. For example, how easy or not the text was to read. I think that falls into the same category.
Good point, but I think it's helpful for the writer to hear the reader's input, like where they may have stumbled and so forth.

RG Worsey

LV

Awards
Just watched the Jul 23 show where it's mentioned no one in the Genius Room has pre-read any of the submissions. Probably important to stick to that. I haven't visited the GR yet, but will eventually. Should we make it a rule that if we review any particular piece, we try not to comment on it in the GR?
I had assumed (even though Assumption is the Mother of Fuckups), that once I became a submissions previewer, I should stay out of the genius room.

Emily

LV

I think your views would still be valid. ALSO: I am setting up a rota so that only two reviewers will be reviewing a blocks of subs at a time, and TBH it could be months before they make it to the show (although, the point of this is to ensure it's not *too* many months :) )

And on the rota, I'm going to start with two a month (starting in October, I hope) but since this is all new, we'll just play by ear. Perhaps we'll fly through subs, perhaps not!! Peter is working on spreadsheet voting system and once it's in place, we'll take a run at it.

I'm on holidays from the 4th-11th of September, so it will be after that that things go into motion.
THANK YOU ALL again. It's really wonderful to have had such a positive response :)