• Welcome, visitor! Litopia is the oldest & friendliest community for writers on the net. If you are serious about your writing, we cordially invite you to join us.

Pop-Up Submissions with Special Guest Allan Boroughs

AgentPete

Capo Famiglia
Patron

Featured on today's Pop-Ups...

"Secret of Heathcote Manor" - upper middle grade time travel adventure from David Weller;
"The NooSphere" - general fiction: (speculative, contemporary, commercial) from Dave Meyer;
"The Skill" - literary from Louis Coulomb;
"Adam Brodie and the Monster from the Dark Planet" - children's middle range fantasy from Paul Glynn;
"Weasel" - literary thriller from Adrian Keefe.

Subscribe to Litopia's channel on YouTube and join us live every Sunday at 5pm UK / 12noon EDT!

Last edited:
Does anyone know how long the wait-time has become for pop-ups? Someone mentioned six months a while back but it must be far longer now (I guess it could potentially be infinite if 5 people a week purchase a priority slot!)

Steve C

Patron
Pete usually tells us which subs are now being looked at. I think last weeks came from end of April so 5-6 months ago.
If I wanted to submit I would go for the paying route. I don't think it is too expensive and waiting 5 months I'd probably forget by the time it came up.

Pete usually tells us which subs are now being looked at. I think last weeks came from end of April so 5-6 months ago.

Steve - that can't be right, can it? My outstanding subs are from November last year (then resubmitted after technical issues on April 4th, then another from April 14th. I figure its more as RK says, that the wait is 8 months and maybe lengthening due to the priority thing (I did consider paying for a priority slot but my little Buddhist soul quavered at the sense of "taking the not given" so I dropped the idea).

Leonora

Patron

Steve - that can't be right, can it? My outstanding subs are from November last year (then resubmitted after technical issues on April 4th, then another from April 14th. I figure its more as RK says, that the wait is 8 months and maybe lengthening due to the priority thing (I did consider paying for a priority slot but my little Buddhist soul quavered at the sense of "taking the not given" so I dropped the idea).
April was definitely mentioned. Contact @AgentPete to check.

Carol Rose

Guardian
Staff member
Patron
Yes, April 22nd was mentioned this week, too. If you have any questions or concerns about your submission or where it is in the queue, you can always PM @AgentPete directly.