• Welcome, visitor! Litopia is the oldest & friendliest community for writers on the net. If you are serious about your writing, we cordially invite you to join us.

Pop-Up Submissions, 9th December

AgentPete

Capo Famiglia
Patron

On today's Pop-Ups there's a murder mystery from Haydn, speculative fiction from Anirudh, a self-help memoir from Sona, horror/noir from Samuel, a thriller from Steve and new adult from Teriah.

Plus some thoughts from me on the gravest occupational hazard of our business - handling rejection.

Also watch live on our Facebook page and Twitch channel, and of course - do join in the chatroom!

Next week's show is the last of the year - back on Sunday 13th January 2019!

Last edited:

AgentPete

Capo Famiglia
Patron
There’s no excuse for a hurtful rejection letter/email, although I have sometimes seen ones that do cause pain. Of these questionable rejections, it seems to me that they are often either very hurried (and therefore unclear) or sometimes delegated to a junior or office temp… who really doesn’t have much clue about what to say or the power that words can have to hurt.

Anyway, I’ve given my ha’porth on the subject on the show, and extracted it as a clip here, too.

Great stuff tonight, Katie, your writerly insights are quite brilliant :)