• Café Life is the Colony's main hangout, watering hole and meeting point.

This is a place where you'll meet and make writing friends, and indulge in stratospherically-elevated wit or barometrically low humour.

Some Colonists pop in religiously every day before or after work. Others we see here less regularly, but all are equally welcome. Two important grounds rules…

• Don't give offence
    • Don't take offence

We now allow political discussion, but strongly suggest it takes place in the Steam Room, which is a private sub-forum within Café Life. It’s only accessible to Full Members.

You can dismiss this notice by clicking the "x" box

Self-Publishing Here's a question for you

Jake E

Blogger
KDP ask what marketplace you wish to sell on.

Should I choose my own country (.co.uk) or US (.com).
Obviously, the market is much larger in the US (300 million people as opposed to 60 million in Uk), but I don't live there.
confused.com

Hi Jake

You can sell in all the marketplaces, but KDP asks you to pick your primary market place so it can automatically work out equivalent prices for everywhere else. You can, however, decide what price you want to charge where and tweak accordingly. Choosing the UK won't prevent you from selling in the US and the other Amazon territories, provided you make your book available there.

I chose co.uk for the ebook version of my novel and .es for the paperback, because I figured that's where most of my initial sales would be from (the novel is going on the syllabus in some Spanish schools, hence my choice). I have British and Spanish bank accounts, so can receive royalty payments in either currency.

I think there's stuff about this in the KDP FAQs and there are a lot of KDP authors who have put suggestions up online about this type of thing, if you Google it :)

Back