Fanfare! Award finalist (x3!)

Help! A question for Scrivener users

Reality Check Lit Hub article speaks Truth

Nikky Lee

Nikky Lee
Jul 27, 2018
New Zealand
Very excited to share that my hopepunk space opera novella and a dark fantasy/horror short story I wrote for @Lee Murray's Remains to be Told anthology are finalists in the Aurealis Awards!

Ah that's awesome!! Not just one, but 2 stories!! WOW. Congrats and best of luck for the final round.

BUT they have your name spelled Nikky in one and Nikki in the other. I checked on your website in case you have used both (sci-fi vs fantasy or something) but no... so they did a typo. Grrr.

But you're a finalist so I guess they're forgiven? haha.

I have "Once We Flew", and am excited to reading it. It's up next on my list. :)

Quick update on these stories. Very pleased to share that Once We Flew and "What Bones These Tides Bring" are finalists in the Sir Julius Vogel Awards (Best Novella, Best Short Story). And "What Bones These Tides Bring" is also a finalist in the Australasian Shadow Awards.

Sir Julius Vogel Awards shortlist: Sir Julius Vogel Award Finalists – 2024 – SFFANZ Inc

Australasian Shadow Awards shortlist: Australasian Shadows Awards

Last edited:
Quick update on these stories. Very pleased to share that Once We Flew and "What Bones These Tides Bring" are finalists in the Sir Julius Vogel Awards (Best Novella, Best Short Story). And "What Bones These Tides Bring" is also a finalist in the Australasian Shadow Awards.

Sir Julius Vogel Awards shortlist: Sir Julius Vogel Award Finalists – 2024 – SFFANZ Inc

Nothing can hold you back! So happy for you. Good luck!!!

You have a WAY with titles. Congratulations. If you can, be sure and link them here so we can read. They sound exactly my taste.

Just Found your novella on Litopia. Look forward to reading it.

Last edited:

Help! A question for Scrivener users

Reality Check Lit Hub article speaks Truth

Back